Smoky Mountain Hideaway
- We have a strict no Pets and No Smoking policy.
- Please do not wear your shoes in the house unless a physical condition requires it. There is a shoe rack in the kitchen by the garage door where you can place them.
- Please hang towels on the bars and hooks provided and use at least twice.
- Please do not use foaming bath products in the Jacuzzi tub.
- You are welcome to use the laundry facilities for your personal items. Please do not overload the machines, and remove lint from dryer vent after each use.
- Run the dishwasher only when full, or mostly full. Use one dishwasher tab in the section that snaps closed.
- Hand wash all sharp knives. Please dry and replace them in the knife drawer.
- Don't load oversize items in dishwasher. It prevents the rest of the dishes from getting clean, and it could damage the sprayer arm. Please hand wash these items.
- Do not put food scraps down the kitchen sink as it is not equipped with a garbage disposal.
- Please do not dispose of cooking oils and grease into the kitchen drain. Dispose in the trash can after cooling. Wipe greasy/oily pans with paper towels.
- Please wipe up spills on the hardwood floors immediately. Water will ruin the wood floors. This includes ice cubes dropped on the floor.
- There is no cell phone service in the area, but you may use the house phone for local and long distance phone calls. 900 numbers and international calls are blocked. The house number is 865.856.8009. There is a local phone book in the drawer next to the refrigerator.
- Car-based GPS does work here, but likely your cell phone GPS will not. We suggest printing out directions from Google maps before starting your trip.
- The thermostat and security systems are controlled remotely however, you can adjust the thermostat to the desired setting by turning the dial on the thermostat. The large bold number in the middle of the dial is the set temperature.
- Instructions for operating the television and DirecTV system are located in the main floor TV stand.
- If you use the gas grill, please move to the outside of the garage before lighting. You will need to turn on the gas valve. Please remember to off the valve before replacing in the garage.
- There is a fire extinguisher in the laundry room.